After posting a record, return to original page but select (not filter) a record in a DVWP RRS feed

• Question

• I have a start page that has 5-6 DVWPs.  User selects through the first 3-4 dvwps to display a record.  User clicks on button that open a page where they can input that records details.

User clicks on the SAVE button and record is committed then redirected.

The problem is that if I use simple redirect it goes to the page but record selection is changed to the first record - ther user had to go back through clicking on the 3-4 dvwps to select record.

Improtant - I want to have the record selected NOT filtered.

FYI - if I simply have the user SAVE and then have them use the Browswer BACK button then refresh the selection remains.  This is essentially the behavior I'm looking for.

So to modify the SAVE button on-click - javascript: {ddwrt:GenFireServerEvent('__commit;__redirect={http://intranet/sites/ALAS/FCM/Forms/Control-Test-Result.aspx}')} is what I'm looking for.

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:10 AM Don't shout in Titles
    Friday, September 16, 2011 6:32 PM

All replies

• Hello Eric,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,

Wayne Fan

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact  tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:58 AM
  • Hi Eric,

Would you be able to clarify the part of selection? What do you mean by user selects through the first 3 - 4 DVWPs to display records?

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 2:35 PM
  • Think of 4 dvwps - one for Country, one for State, one for City, then a company. 

User clicks on US, then IL, then Chicago, then company name - they will see contacts.  They click on Edit Contact - editform appears where they make a change.  When they hit save they return to original page but the selection is no longer US, IL, Chicago, Company - it has defaulted to the first in the list - England, London, etc...

E

Saturday, September 17, 2011 2:38 PM
  • Hello Eric,

Based on the information I have, you might be able to pass the ID of the list item that was selected by the user in the URL Query String of the destination page which then could be used to select the record you want to display.  

Regards,

Jing

Monday, October 10, 2011 3:31 PM