About visual studio 2010 error in coding RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have written code in visual studio 2010 i have facing error,    Type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application' is not defined.   Please suggest what can i do in this stage.
    Monday, March 20, 2017 7:04 AM

All replies

• Hello Mangesh,

Looks like you didn't add a COM reference.

1. On the Project menu, click Add Reference.
    2. On the COM tab, locate Microsoft Excel Object Library, and click Select.
    3. Click OK in the Add References dialog box to accept your selections. If you are prompted to generate wrappers for the libraries that you selected, click Yes.

See How to automate Microsoft Excel from Microsoft Visual C#.NET for more information. Also you may find the How to automate Excel by using Visual C# to fill or to obtain data in a range by using arrays article helpful.

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Monday, March 20, 2017 1:27 PM
  • Hello Sir

Thank you for your valuable response,I want to share what i m facing right now in my current project,when i go for "Add Reference" option, there will nothing action can be done after clicking on that option,or nothing any another window can be  open after click on add references option.Please help me in this condition what can i do for remove that errors.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:04 AM