Page can not be displayed RRS feed

• Question

• User2109697223 posted

In my Asp.net Web form application on production only, some users experience issue like "Page can not be displayed" and logged out of application. Same user is blocked for 8-10 min then after all works fine and can login . 

Note:- Login method is SSO (single sign on). Not able to find what is the issue. Issue faced by some few users only. My application is running on HTTPS.

i installed fiddler 4 on user machine who facing the issue. Many logs were logged  with status 502, when i saw  error in Raw section error is like this 

Error: ConnectionRefused (0x274d). <br />System.Net.Sockets.SocketException No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it<myipaddress>:443

When i tracing in IIS i getting like this:

<fieldset>

ModuleName IIS Web Core
    Notification 1
    HttpStatus 500
    HttpReason Internal Server Error
    HttpSubStatus 0
    ErrorCode 2147943395
    ConfigExceptionInfo
    Notification BEGIN_REQUEST
    ErrorCode The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request. (0x800703e3)

If anyone experienced same issue. Please help me out.

Thanks  in Advance

</fieldset>

Thursday, September 19, 2019 1:45 PM

All replies

• User2109697223 posted

In my Asp.net Web form application on production only, some users experience issue like "Page can not be displayed" and logged out of application. Same user is blocked for 8-10 min then after all works fine and can login . 

Note:- Login method is SSO (single sign on). Not able to find what is the issue. Issue faced by some few users only. My application is running on HTTPS.

i installed fiddler 4 on user machine who facing the issue. Many logs were logged  with status 502, when i saw  error in Raw section error is like this 

Error: ConnectionRefused (0x274d). <br />System.Net.Sockets.SocketException No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it<myipaddress>:443

When i tracing in IIS i getting like this:

ModuleName

IIS Web Core

Notification

HttpStatus

HttpReason

Internal Server Error

HttpSubStatus

ErrorCode

ConfigExceptionInfo

Notification

BEGIN_REQUEST

ErrorCode

The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request. (0x800703e3)

If anyone experienced same issue. Please help me out.

Thanks  in Advance

Thursday, September 19, 2019 1:54 PM
  • User665608656 posted

Hi nityanandy,

To solve this issue , you can try to follow these:

According to the page prompt, first close fiddler, then look at the system's proxy settings, and see that the proxy settings are set to "Automatic Configuration > using the automatic configuration script".

At the same time, the form prompts "Automatic Configuration will override manual settings, to ensure the use of manual settings, please disable automatic configuration", so try to uncheck the check box in front of "Use Automatic Configuration Script". Then try to open Fiddler again and enter a non-https website in the browser. The page is displayed successfully.

The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request. (0x800703e3)

This error may related to application version incompatibility , you could refer to this link :

https://forums.iis.net/p/1149787/1871363.aspx

Best Regards,

YongQing.

Friday, September 20, 2019 5:44 AM
  • User2109697223 posted

Thanks for quick response. But these steps not working for me. 

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 10:39 AM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

Looks like a firewall issue ie the other machine tells explicitely the connection is refused. You don't have a stack trace?  It happens between the web server and some other server involved in authentication maybe ?

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 10:49 AM
  • User2109697223 posted

I don't think it is firewall issue because after 5 or 10 min application  works well. And only few user are experiencing these issue.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 12:56 PM
  • User475983607 posted

The socket error usually indicates the site is down or the client is unable to reach the site.  The I/O error can happen if the client disconnected during the request.

How much data are you moving over the wire?  Is your application restarting or you have a very large ViewState?

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 6:09 PM