Resource Estimation RRS feed

• Question

• User102459681 posted

Hi Folks,

I need to estimate the resources that this application will use, so that I can decide which hosting provider to use.

What is the best method to gauge and estimate the resources (ram + cpu) my application will use?
    I’m assuming that the way to do this is to find out what resources are needed for a single user and multiply this amount by the amount of estimated users at peak and average times.

My application is a fairly simple web service where each user does a simple task at a time – so I guess I should measure how much resource these tasks use and then multiply by my estimated users?  

If the above assumption is correct, how do I find out the resources consumed by a single user or by running a single process/task in an Asp.net application?

Regards,
    Andy

P.S ( I posted a similar post in "Getting Started", but  I now feel this is a better category for the question. I"m not sure how to remove it form there)

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 10:49 AM

Answers

• User13850534 posted

There're many factors to check around such as the server specs, how your app designed. The quick way to test out is to have your site hosted via a live server or use some web stress testing tools to simulate the visiting.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 29, 2013 4:41 AM