none
SQL Broker with SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a application which runs in SharePoint. SQL broker is enabled in the database 
    and dependency_OnChange event(is in the repository class) is not firing when a change is done in the database table.
    If i call the same repository class from a console applications the dependency_OnChange event is working.

Are there any dependencies of using SQL broker with SharePoint?

Friday, January 27, 2017 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you provide more information about your basic requirement, Microsoft does not support the modification of SharePoint's databases or the access of their contents directly through SQL Server.

If you want to modify some data from SharePoint, please using the SharePoint API(Server Object Model or Client side object model).

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 30, 2017 8:35 AM
  • Hi Dennis,

I have a dashboard page deployed in SharePoint. And the data is stored in a SQL data base. The dashboard displays the count of records in a certain table. The SQL data gets updated thorough different applications. I need to update the count in the dashboard page as soon as the data table is updated.

Hope this will give you the idea of my query.

Monday, February 6, 2017 12:35 PM