CI/CD with stream jobs build in AZURE Portal RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to Azure and Azure Deployment.

I followed below steps and I am confused what to do next:

Next things I did is :

• Created a projects in DEVOPS
    • Created Repos and then cloned it to VISUAL STUDIO
    • in the visual studio ,opened the project and try to sync it 
    • After clicking on sync button it gives me option to PUSH it to Devops

I have 2 questions :

1) But even i push it to DEVOPS,it doesn't include 'NuGet package Microsoft.Azure.StreamAnalytics.CICD' what should I do.
    2) Second question is I am doing CI/CD through Visual studio,SO if I make any changes in stream job directly in PORTAL it will not get reflected,unless i make same changes in VS right?

Monday, December 30, 2019 2:30 AM

Answers

• Refer to the link below:

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/21873

It tells that"The CI.CD nuget package is to be used on an arbitrary machine, not inside VS. It is not supported to add nuget package to Stream Analytics Visual Studio project at this moment. If you want to generate the ARM templates in VS, just build the Stream Analytics project and find the generated files under bin folder."

And I was not able to add Package.config,So i right click on project and added existing Config file from difference project and replaced the content with <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <packages> <package id="Microsoft.Azure.StreamAnalytics.CICD" version="1.0.0" targetFramework="net452" /> </packages>

Monday, January 6, 2020 2:39 AM

All replies

• I'd double check you are pushing to correct project/repository, The error reads like you are trying create the repository which already exists. Otherwise you'd need to get administrative permissions granted.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/organizations/security/set-git-tfvc-repository-permissions?view=azure-devops

Monday, December 30, 2019 4:17 AM
  • For Permission will check with IT team .

But sure how to add NuGet package ?

Monday, December 30, 2019 4:32 AM
  • On the screenshot you have the "Default project" , can you please click on the drop down and see if see the project there . If you see then try to install package on the project and it should work . Please do let me know how it goes . 

Thanks Himanshu

Tuesday, December 31, 2019 5:33 PM
  • Hi Himanshu,

Thanks for the reply .

But the Drop down for Default project is empty.

Wednesday, January 1, 2020 11:49 PM
  • Refer to the link below:

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/21873

It tells that"The CI.CD nuget package is to be used on an arbitrary machine, not inside VS. It is not supported to add nuget package to Stream Analytics Visual Studio project at this moment. If you want to generate the ARM templates in VS, just build the Stream Analytics project and find the generated files under bin folder."

And I was not able to add Package.config,So i right click on project and added existing Config file from difference project and replaced the content with <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <packages> <package id="Microsoft.Azure.StreamAnalytics.CICD" version="1.0.0" targetFramework="net452" /> </packages>

Monday, January 6, 2020 2:39 AM
  • Hi Khushboo,

The NuGet package cannot be added in your Visual Studio project. It is to be used in the Azure DevOps pipeline.

Follow the instructions below to add packages.config to your project directory then add a NuGet task in your Azure DevOps pipeline. The build pipeline will install the NuGet package on a hosted environment and use it to build your project.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/stream-analytics/stream-analytics-tools-visual-studio-cicd-vsts#configure-nuget-package-dependency

In Phase 1, click + and add a NuGet task.

Add a NuGet task in Agent queue

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 6:27 AM