none
Migrating existing WinCE7 + BSP installation to another PC RRS feed

• Question

• Got existing WinCE 7 installation on old PC. Need to quickly continue work on another PC.

---Problem ---

need to remove all output/intermediate files from WinCE7, so that I can add only necessary files to source control.

So the question is what file types need cleaning up from Wince7 root and subfolders before adding the installation to source control.

For example can we delete output files in public folder, Private folder etc.

cheers

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 12:14 PM

All replies

• I will answer you, but in a different way:

1. Never ever modify the Public or Private folders - never
    2. Never ever allow a third party to modify your Public or Private folder - never
    3. If you must put the entire build tree in version control, do so after a fresh install and commit every file.   Keep this clean build environment for doing updates, then commit the deltas.
    4. Modify only your Platform and OSDesign folders - also your own 3rdParty folder if you maintain one.

If you have proceeded to break some or all of the above, then you will have some trouble moving to a new PC.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 12:37 PM
  • Thanks for the tips, nice set of rules for easy life
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:23 AM
  • thanks for the tips, will keep those rules in my good CE book
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 11:42 AM