club starter kit & IIS 5.1 with asp.net 2.0 sdk RRS feed

• Question

• User943866776 posted

The club starter worked fine with the development server in visual studio beta2, but when I uploaded it into another pc that I use running IIS 5.1 with dotnet 2.0xxx sdk, the "Add User" part doesn't seem to work. I tried adding users but it just keeps jumping back to the login.aspx page... I"m sure that there's nothing wrong with the password selected, and I made sure both databases are copied into the appropriate directories inside the root of IIS. I've also set up roles inside the aspnet configuration menu when using VS beta 2, but how can I add more roles and users using IIS without going back to VS? How can I list out the users that have signed up and their roles? Excuse me for my stupidity, but I'm new to this stuff...thx. in advance.

Monday, August 22, 2005 6:16 PM

All replies

• User943866776 posted
    One more question, I don't know what I would need to do... when using VS beta 2 and it's development server, I was able to get a retrieval email to the desigated email address of the user. I've setup the SMTP part in VS using the asp.net configuration webpage, but when I loaded the site to my IIS test server, the password retrieval part doesn't work anymore, I've checked in the web.config and my smtp setting are correct... is there more things that I have to configure in the IIS?
    Monday, August 22, 2005 6:35 PM