none
[MS-DTSX] Invalid variable subtype value RRS feed

• Question

• The published XSD for MS-DTSX2 contains the following problems, which I stumbled upon trying to open the first project that I had lying around.

1. Typo in the allowed value for DataSubType (should be "ManagedSerializable"):

<xs:attribute name="DataSubType">
                 <xs:simpleType>
                   <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
                     <xs:enumeration value="ManagedSerizlizable"/>
                   </xs:restriction>
                 </xs:simpleType>
               </xs:attribute>

2. PipelineComponentPropertyNameEnum is missing (at least) the following values:

• TreatDuplicateKeysAsError
    • MetadataChecksum
    • UseBulkInsertWhenPossible
    • MetadataShaChecksum

Is there a place where these XSD files exists as source code instead of having to copy and paste from a web page? I need these XSDs because I need to create tools to check and modify thousands of DTS projects in an organization.

• Edited by LeusKapus Thursday, March 12, 2020 8:45 PM
    Thursday, March 12, 2020 8:28 PM

All replies

• Thank you for your question.  An engineer will respond soon.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Friday, March 13, 2020 2:25 AM
  • Hello LeusKapus, I will be assisting you with your question. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications

Friday, March 13, 2020 2:18 PM
  • Hello LeusKapus, Can you contact me by sending an email to dochelp at Microsoft dot com ?

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla

Monday, March 16, 2020 3:59 PM
  • Hello LeusKapus, there are other instances of ManagedSerizlizable. We will get those fixed as well. Pipeline component property name can be any string because each component owner can define different properties. The enum type just lists most of the property names of SSIS inbox components. We don’t have a source repository for these XSDs, but the appendix A 5.1.2 of this document has an entire XSD for you to copy. Note that third party pipeline components will be missing from the schema.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:10 PM