none
ClickOnce publish does funny errors RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a c# project, where I usually use the 'publish now' button to, well, publish the product to our internal testing server.

Problem is, I got a recurring problem coming up every now and then, and right now it is not going away:

publish fails in one of two ways:

I can compile and run my project right well, but when I click 'publish now', the IDE will rebuild *all* projects, even those which are not going to be published, and tells me it cannot publish because my project does not build, with funny error messages for files I don't even have like these:

Error 37 Sourcefile "C:\Bsoft\Berta\obj\Release\About.g.i.cs" cannot be found. C:\Bsoft\Berta\CSC Bsoft.Berta
    Error 38 Sourcefile "C:\Bsoft\Berta\obj\Release\Archiv\BestellungAnzeigen.g.i.cs" cannot be found. C:\Bsoft\Berta\CSC Bsoft.Berta
    [...]

Since I don't have sourcefiles with these names in my project, I don't really know what to do about these errors.

If, after a few reboots, restarts, or just a lot of cursing, publish does work without error (and without me changing anything), I get an other error:

The program will start up from ClickOnce, but will fail to find the first page of the browser-like XAML app, so it crashes right after the start.

These two bugs already have been annoying as long as they went away after a reboot, but now they are sticky and won't leave me alone, so this is getting *really* annoying!

Any ideas how to resolve this?

regards,
    Sam

• Moved by jack 321 Thursday, June 5, 2008 8:41 AM off topic for C# IDE
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 2:02 PM

Answers