Custom Form Screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There 

I want to make an application that generates Word Reports from template files with MergFields . 
    My Design is that for employee there are total 20 type of reports or Form letters 

so instead of making 20 buttons on top of the screen , 
    i want to display these reports in a List of check boxes so i will check the required reports and when click a button  , the checked reports names will be generated for a certain employee 

my question is how to display that List of check boxes on the screen  ???

omar awwad 
    Saturday, December 1, 2012 7:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

My suggestion is to create a control table for your reports.  There you can create an editable screen like this

You can now go through the table and check which option were "checked" and do your stuff.

Hope it helps.

KharolJ

• Proposed as answer by Yann DuranModerator Sunday, December 2, 2012 1:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:17 AM
    Saturday, December 1, 2012 10:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

My suggestion is to create a control table for your reports.  There you can create an editable screen like this

You can now go through the table and check which option were "checked" and do your stuff.

Hope it helps.

KharolJ

• Proposed as answer by Yann DuranModerator Sunday, December 2, 2012 1:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:17 AM
    Saturday, December 1, 2012 10:22 PM
  • Hi KharolJ 

Thanks For Your Reply , I will Check That Approach , I seems it will work 

Omar 

Sunday, December 2, 2012 1:27 PM
  • The only suggestion I would make on top of Kharol's reply woud be to set the boolean properties to be required. That way you only have Yes/No options, instead of the YesNo/Maybe options that you get when they're not set to required.

With required boolean properties, one click gives Yes, another click gives No, the next click gives Yes again, etc. A cycle of 2 value types.

With non-required boolean properties, onclick gives Yes, another click gives No, the next click give an "undefined" state. A cycle of 3 value types.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Sunday, December 2, 2012 1:48 PM
  • Hi omar

I will mark kharolJ's reply as answer, if the marked answer is not helpful to solve your problem, please unmark and give quick response.

Kind regards

Angie xu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:18 AM