SDL Threat Modeling Tool and Visio Integration RRS feed

• Question

• I have been working with the SDL threat modeling tool and was curious if perhaps in there is any interest in developing a plug-in for Visio so that you could threat model directly from the application? If not, I am curious if there are any upgrades for the tool to provide more Visio features within the tool.

From The 3s

Thursday, July 12, 2012 2:07 PM

Answers

• Hello FT3S,

We don’t have plans to implement the threat modeling tool as a Visio plugin; however, if you are using version 3.1.8, you can export threat models to Visio via cut & paste. To do so, select all elements in the threat modeling tool that you want to edit in Visio & ctrl-c followed by ctrl-p in Visio.

• Proposed as answer by SDL Team Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by SDL Team Tuesday, August 7, 2012 11:41 PM
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:32 PM

All replies

• Hello FT3S,

We don’t have plans to implement the threat modeling tool as a Visio plugin; however, if you are using version 3.1.8, you can export threat models to Visio via cut & paste. To do so, select all elements in the threat modeling tool that you want to edit in Visio & ctrl-c followed by ctrl-p in Visio.

• Proposed as answer by SDL Team Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by SDL Team Tuesday, August 7, 2012 11:41 PM
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:32 PM
  • Thank you for your response. Just seeing if it would be possible to integrate the two in future versions. I personally love the tool and use it exactly how you mentioned but am hoping to see integration maybe in the next version of Visio Architect edition.

From The 3s

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:28 PM