none
WCF-Custom Oracle Adapter Supports Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.7.0 - 64bit? RRS feed

• Question

• Hai,

I want to use WCF-Custom adapter to connect to Oracle9i (Version 9.2.0.7.0 64bit). Is it possible to connect to that particular version?

I have checked in Microsoft site and found that WCF-Custom with Oracle binding Supports the following versions of Oracle.

• Microsoft BizTalk Adapter 3.0 for Oracle Database . This Oracle database adapter enables adapter clients to read and write to and Oracle database
    Supported versions
    • Oracle 9.2.0.2
    • Oracle 10.1.0.2.0
    • Oracle 10.2.0.1.0
  • So is it that Oracle9i (Version 9.2.0.7.0 64bit) is not supported as it is not mentioned in the list?
    If it is not, how is that I can connect to that particular version?
    Please help me in solving the issue.

Regards,
    Krishna Chaitanya.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 9:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ,

I'm using the adapter against server version 10.2.0.4 64bits without any problems.
    Not certain until  you actually try , but My 2cents guess is that it should work

I guess you just need the right client version mentioned in the documentation.
    Again , It's just a wild guess...

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 9:27 AM
  • Hai Yves,

Thanks for your reply. I tried using it but got an error saying
    "Connecting to the LOB System has failed. Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.102.2.20, Culture = neutral, PublicKey Token = 89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

The version of Oracle.DataAccess dll in my system is 10.2.0.100 and it is trying to search for 2.102.2.20. Is this the problem why I'm unable to connect to? Or any other Oracle installations are to be done in our systems for accessing it through WCF?

Regards,
    Krishna Chaitanya.
    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 10:01 AM
  •  
    Hi,
    Yes it's the incorect Oracle.DataAccess dll version.
    See here to download the correct version ( I'm assuming from the version number you have a 32 bit client )

Oracle 10g Release 2 ODAC 10.2.0.2.21: 
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odpnet/utilsoft.html

You'll have to register to the Oracle site to be able to download.

• Marked as answer by edhickey Tuesday, January 13, 2009 9:08 PM
    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 11:04 AM