none
Oracle cleint 11gR2 support for BizTalk adapter pack 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I understand this isrepeated question, but still want to check for recomandations and any alternative solution

Installation

BizTalk 2010

WCF adapter pack(32 bit and 64 bit)

Oracle 11g R2(32 bit and 64 bit)(But I cannot see 32 bit dll-oracle.dataaccess - in assembly).

I am getting error when changing binding file in receive location.

I have successfully tested with R1 release of oracle client,but the issue is with R2. I can not roll back to R1 as production is already having R2 installed.

Please assis if any changes in assembly configuration file will resolve the issue

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:02 AM

Answers

• Oracle.Data access dlls already exist.

Got it working once I have gaced Policy dlls....where we can set the configuration for assembly reference of oracle.dataaccess dll....

Many Thanks naushad

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:27 PM

All replies

• You can change your BizTalk Host to 32 bit and make below changes in the registry for the BizTalk Host on the server

• Go to the registry and location BizTalk Server Host that you are using in your application
    • change the path from Program Files (x86) to Progra~1 
    • restart the BizTalk Host Instance

I hope this works. Also please post any error message that you are getting.

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer
    alamnaushad.wordpress.com
    My new TechNet Wiki "BizTalk Server: Performance Tuning & Optimization"

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:07 AM
  • Error is "File not found exception :oracle.dataacces version 2.111.7.0".

AS WCF adapter pack is built on 11GR1, it is refering to the earlier version or oracle client.

I tried to change the configuration of Oracle adpater in c:\Programfile\MS adapterpack\bin, but still no luck.

I dont thnk running on 32 bit host will solve, as i cant see 32 bit dlls(of 11G R2) in assembly.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:14 AM
  • Right!

Try to get a copy of the DLL 2.111.7.0, from R1 setup , may be they have't changed a lot,and GAC it on the server and see if that works. Chances are less but worth trying it.

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:26 AM
  • I tried but no luck.

I have re-installed Oracle 11G R2 for 32 bit and 64 bit.Now i can see two dlls(32 and 64 oracle data access of R2 release but not of 2.111.7.0).

Now its working fine with 32 bit host, but if change host to 64 bit, I am getting error "file not found for dll 2.111.7.0"...

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:07 PM
  • Ok, So it is working with 32 bit. That is good.

Have you checked the installation directory of Oracle Client, Check the Bin folder there will be the dll , GAC it and restart the BizTalk 64 bit host instance and try again.

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:18 PM
  • Oracle.Data access dlls already exist.

Got it working once I have gaced Policy dlls....where we can set the configuration for assembly reference of oracle.dataaccess dll....

Many Thanks naushad

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:27 PM
  • Hi,

I find myself in the same situation.

I have a 32 bit BizTalk 2010 implementation running on windows 2008 r2. We have recently put oracle 119r2 in production. Now my interfaces fail.

The proposed solution looks very promising but it's a bit too cryptic for me.

Could you please elaborate a little on this.

Kind regards,

Frans. 

Friday, April 12, 2013 10:40 AM