none
Copy Multiple Tables with different destination name

Question

• Hello,

I am trying to copy on premise SQL Server tables to Azure SQL. I followed the process to copy multiple tables as outlined in the Data Factory V2 documentation. The only issue is that the destination table names have a "atlas_" appended to the beginning i.e. "location" table from the source becomes "atlas_location" in the destination. I tried using a concat in the destination dataset name but that is giving me the error below. Any help to resolve this would be much appreciated!

{ "errorCode": "2200", "message": "The value of property 'structure' is in unexpected type 'IList`1'. ", "failureType": "UserError", "target": "CopyData" }

• Edited by Shrood Tuesday, April 3, 2018 3:45 PM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please put your pipeline and datasets' JSON code here for further investigation.

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 1:54 AM
  • Hi ,

Even i am also facing the same issue when i add dynamically Schema details for Sql Data set.

Here is the the json structure which i am adding.

[
    {
    "name": "JobId",
    "type": "String"
    },
    {
    "name": "Constraints",
    },
    {
    "name": "Min",
    },
    {
    "name": "Max",
    },
    {
    "name": "UOM",
    },
    {
    "name": "constraint_sort_id",
    }

]

please let me know incase required more info

Thursday, April 12, 2018 9:39 AM
  • Hi Sai,

You may need to wrap "@json()" around your json structure to convert it from string to array.

Hope it works.

Friday, May 4, 2018 1:46 AM
  • Thanks Bo, that solved my issue as well!

combined with the non-literal approach () instead of literal {} reference, this is how we reference the JSON content inside the Foreach loop:

@json(item().TargetTableStructure)

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 6:41 AM