none
Restart global session without restarting the whole application RRS feed

• Question

• In my AgentDesktop I want agents to have a possibility to log of and relogin using alternative credentials. Without restarting the whole application.
    what I must to do for correcr closing and reopennig global session in session manager, and to restart global applications. For collection of global applications available to user1 may be not the same for user2. 

I use CCF 2008.
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 6:54 AM

Answers

• Unless you can find a way of restarting your CCFShellBase.

You basically want to run the application under different credentials, without restarting it?

The configuration, login and downloading of applications and such all happens in the startup of the desktop.

If your going to create another or new instance of your desktop for the different user, your going to go thru that whole startup process again, so why not restart?
    • Marked as answer by JohnAmendAll Thursday, November 5, 2009 9:00 AM
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 7:58 AM

All replies

• Unless you can find a way of restarting your CCFShellBase.

You basically want to run the application under different credentials, without restarting it?

The configuration, login and downloading of applications and such all happens in the startup of the desktop.

If your going to create another or new instance of your desktop for the different user, your going to go thru that whole startup process again, so why not restart?
    • Marked as answer by JohnAmendAll Thursday, November 5, 2009 9:00 AM
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 7:58 AM
  • Thank you for your reply, Francois van Heerden.
    It was very useful, and made me understand things )
    I was not sure it is necessary to restart AgentDeskop. Indeed, there are static in ApplicationHost class, array of global apps etc )

sorry for my poor english )

Thursday, November 5, 2009 9:09 AM
  • Out of curiosity
    What is your scenario?   What are you trying to build with CCF?

MattB -MSFT

Thursday, November 5, 2009 3:33 PM
  • Hi, MattB-MSFT.
    Thank you for your curiosuty and interest.
    I will try my best english. Specially for you. :)

We have our old Call Center (CC) which realizes a following scenario: when registering in db client application subscribes on database events like incoming calls, or other agents log in/off etc. Besides, database manages with agents states.
    For example. When agent1 logs in all agents receive a command to refresh their CurrentlyOnlineAgentsList. When there is a call for agent1, he receives AnswerIncomingCall command from CC database.
    When Agent1 does not execute the AnswerIncomingCall command, and it is like if he is on coffee break, Db switchs him into "InPause" state, and client application receives RefreshYourState command.
    And so on.
    Now. If client application does not answer any commands a long time, and it is like connection is lost with Agent1, then DB moves off Agent1 from online agents list. When agent1 restores connection and attempts to do some operation in DB he will receive RefreshYourStateYouAreNotLogedIN and PleaseLogIn commands. The first command disables all menu in client application but LogIn button.

My task is yo integrate our ClientApplication with CCF Agent Desktop. And I was in a trouble. What if user logs in under agent1, receives a list of global applications available to agent1, then connection was lost and  user forced log off, and after this attempts log in second time. I thought, when user forced to log off, the global session is to be closed and restarted when user logs in second time. Theoretically, second time he can log in ander Agent2, and receive different collection of global applications.

These was my problem. But currently I resolved my problem in such way. When loging in a second time user will not be able to enter login and password, and will use those he already entered loging in first time )

May be I did not explain it enough clear. If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to post them :)

Friday, November 6, 2009 6:21 AM