none
Health indicator view RRS feed

• Question

• I need to have Project Health indicators for budget, progress and times to be shown at task, project level and also to be visible in a view in project center, any advice how to take care of it? 

Currently it shows me text and again that too for  some projects for some projects it is not even showing me text. I have already mapped the text to Color indicator at task level. How to get it rolled up for Project and visible in project center? 

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Sunday, September 14, 2014 6:27 AM

Answers

• The link works now, that day it was giving Oops message.. its fine today..

Sunday, September 21, 2014 10:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Syed,

Did you correctly configured the graphical indicator? Can you send a screenshot of it? And of the formula as well? I'd suggest to use a number custom field and not a text field. Remember that you have to open and publish projects created AFTER the indicator.

Then for the project field, create a formula saying that the project field is equal to the task field (it will retrieve the value of the project summary task).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Sunday, September 14, 2014 12:53 PM
  • I had configured the indicators using the mentioned example and they were working for task level but not for project center(roll up was not happening). 

I removed the task level indicator and have put it only project now, but I have to set baseline the project and publish it again to get the indicator working, is this normal behavior? 

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 5:39 AM
  • Hi Syed,

Rolling up a task field into a project level field with a formula (=[task health]) should work. Can you describe how you did it? For example, did you use text, flag, number fields for your 2 health fields?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:30 AM
  • HI Guillaume,

I had use it the same way for rollup Project Health field = Task Health. For Type I had used it with Text.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:39 AM
  • By the way, if I apply the indicator on the Project field only without considering the task , it appears only once I re baseline and publish the project, do you have any idea about this kind of issue?

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 11:41 AM
  • Hi

Might be an issue depending on the patch level?
    There is a bug with custom field calculation in PWA that seems to be solved in September 2014 CU as far as our internal tests confirmed http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2889856/en-us

Hope that helps

Regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCTS, MCSE | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 12:46 PM
  • Hi Christopher,

The link that you have given is broken, any idea if they recalled it? 

Thursday, September 18, 2014 6:06 AM
  • The link works now, that day it was giving Oops message.. its fine today..

Sunday, September 21, 2014 10:04 AM