none
n/software SFTP and FTP adapter delays RRS feed

• Question

• The environment is BizTalk 2006 with Covast and the n /software adapter pack with SFTP v3 and FTP v2 adapters.

We have multiple ports that move files using the SFTP V3 and the FTP V2 adapters. They were working fine however recently once the files are dropped a couple of ports are very slow in picking up files via SFTP V3 and FTP V2, they are enabled and sit for hours without moving the files. But when I restart the receive/Send handler Host Instance they move the files immediately. I checked the configurations and at this point I am trying to figure out if there is a particular service that needs to be refrshed/restarted that I am missing or if there is anyother way to get it working faster. Please do let me know.

Friday, June 22, 2012 10:59 PM

All replies

• i would send a email to n/software they have been very helpful to me in the past

Senior Developer on:
    BlueSSIS a selection of components to help with SSIS tasks.
    BlueIntegrator a system integration tool. aka Biztalk alternative.

Friday, June 29, 2012 12:40 PM
  • Enable the debug option in the adapter and check the eventlog entry to check where this is breaking.

Shashi

Friday, June 29, 2012 1:19 PM
  • I also recommend periodically restarting the hosts. This is something that could be done in a scheduled tasks. You could be dealing with some thread starvation if you use few hosts. You might also look at your host design to see if you could move ports to a different host.

I have used the n software FTPS adapter too.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Friday, June 29, 2012 3:43 PM
  • I would suggest change the SFTP adapter’s “Log Mode”  to a mode with more details so that could able to get more in event log.

You could request technical support

http://www.nsoftware.com/support/submit.aspx

Make the dedicated host instance for each receive and send port and suggest restart the host instance as per proper interval time

Thanks, Raja MCTS BizTalk Server 2010, MCC If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

Monday, July 2, 2012 8:10 AM