none
How to create inbound vs outbound connections RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have created a custom adapter, but the system I am interfacing with behaives differently for inbound and outbound connections.  I want to use the conncetion factory (or something in the LOB SDK) to distinguish between the inbound and outbound connections and instantiate the underlying connection in the appropriate manner.  How can I do this?  My adapter supports both inbound and outbound operations so I can't just check which it supports. 

Any ideas?  I left off looking at the Adapter and AdapterBindings classes.

Kind Regards,

-Dan

If this answers your question, please Mark as Answer
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 2:26 PM

Answers

• I ended up creating two connections (one for inbound and one for outbound) as properties of my connection object.  These are "session objects" for the other system I'm integrating with.  For some reason it did not allow both inbound and outbound "sessions" and this approach seems to have solved it. 

-Dan

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:42 PM

All replies

• The way you would do this is by not using the ASDK connection pool, and instead opening (and closing) your own connection in OutboundHandler/InboundHandler of the adapter. The ASDK connection will be a dummy connection. You might need to implement your own pooling mechanism though.

The other thing you can do is to create a connection uri or binding property to describe if the adapter is being used for inbound or outbound, and use this value while opening the connection. Again, you will not be able to use pooling.

-- Please mark as answered if this answers your question.
    Monday, September 5, 2011 6:22 AM
  • I ended up creating two connections (one for inbound and one for outbound) as properties of my connection object.  These are "session objects" for the other system I'm integrating with.  For some reason it did not allow both inbound and outbound "sessions" and this approach seems to have solved it. 

-Dan

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:42 PM