none
How to control PowerPoint 2013 slideshow via functions and not left or right keypress? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I need to know if its possible to control a PowerPoint slideshow with functions. Get status of actual slideshow also. I'm kinda new to programming so I really lost myself in the msdn documentation not sure if I have to use the microsoft powerpoint Object library. 
    Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Uns1t,

>> I need to know if its possible to control a PowerPoint slideshow with functions
    Could you share us why you want to achieve this while you could change the slideshow by keypress? In my option, the Powerpoint will be in full screen if you turn to slideshow, how did you want to run this function? You could try SlideShowWindow.View.Next or GotoSlide to change the slide in slide show, but I am not sure when and how did you want to run this function.

Here is the simple code:

Sub test()
        ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Next
        ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Previous
        With SlideShowWindows(1).View
        .GotoSlide 2
        End With
    End Sub

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 3, 2016 6:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Uns1t,

>> I need to know if its possible to control a PowerPoint slideshow with functions
    Could you share us why you want to achieve this while you could change the slideshow by keypress? In my option, the Powerpoint will be in full screen if you turn to slideshow, how did you want to run this function? You could try SlideShowWindow.View.Next or GotoSlide to change the slide in slide show, but I am not sure when and how did you want to run this function.

Here is the simple code:

Sub test()
        ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Next
        ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Previous
        With SlideShowWindows(1).View
        .GotoSlide 2
        End With
    End Sub

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 3, 2016 6:49 AM
  • Well, I am doing a remote control application for powerpoint. Well, I was wondering if you couldn't even change with keypress you wouldn't get the actual slideshow your'e on.

Ive found this code sample https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/office/How-to-Automate-control-23cd2a8f

So i found my answer. But I have an other question. Is there a function that will return you the slideshow Notes/Comments? 

Sunday, November 6, 2016 4:06 PM
  • Hi Uns1t,

I am glad your issue has been resolved. As you could find, the code in your link is similar as my suggestion by using ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Next and ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Previous.

I would suggest you mark your reply as answer, and then others who run into the same issue would find the solution easily.

>> But I have an other question. Is there a function that will return you the slideshow Notes/Comments? 

For this new thread, I would suggest you post a new thread, and then we could focus on this specific issue.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support

Monday, November 7, 2016 8:28 AM
  • Thank you
    Monday, November 7, 2016 4:06 PM