Developing for Windows 10

Question

• I wonder if apps I develop for Windows 8.1 can be used on Windows 10 as well.

The reason I´m asking is that I have just recently started to learn how to write Windows apps, but if that knowledge wont be worth anything in a year or two then I might change direction

Monday, February 2, 2015 10:42 AM

Answers

• You will certainly be able to run your Windows 8.1 Universal Apps and Windows Store Apps on Windows 10 and even if there are some differences between the operating systems, your learning efforts when it comes to XAML development and the Windows Store will certainly NOT "be worth nothing".

Please remember to mark helpful posts as answer to close your threads.

• Marked as answer by PontusL Monday, February 2, 2015 11:05 AM
    Monday, February 2, 2015 11:03 AM

All replies

• You will certainly be able to run your Windows 8.1 Universal Apps and Windows Store Apps on Windows 10 and even if there are some differences between the operating systems, your learning efforts when it comes to XAML development and the Windows Store will certainly NOT "be worth nothing".

Please remember to mark helpful posts as answer to close your threads.

• Marked as answer by PontusL Monday, February 2, 2015 11:05 AM
    Monday, February 2, 2015 11:03 AM
  • You are on the right track, and the knowledge will not be wasted.

Windows 10, 10 Mobile and IOT devices will run the WinRT and support Universal apps. Some things may be changed in the RT platform (the feature set is not yet reveiled), but on the overall look it will be the same skill sets, so go on :)

Monday, February 2, 2015 11:05 AM