none
The Signing Certificate has not been configured for AS2 party. RRS feed

• Question

• A BTS MIME error was encountered when attempting to encode a message. Error: The Signing Certificate has not been configured for AS2 party. AS2-From: AVIDMEDICALINC AS2-To: 007941230dC

There are a lot of good outliines for installing certificates available and I've followed them all.  But I still get the above error.

The certificate was created using Cryto4PKI and contains the digital signature key usage (and encrypt etc) as well.  The certificate appears in the Group certificate choices, and is correct when viewed there.

We can send a plain transaction to the TP via AS2 but can not get past the above error.

What else could be causing this?

Thanks,

Jim

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 3:20 PM

Answers

• Never mind.  We discovered that the certificate had to be in the stores under three different users:  the biztalk installation user, the service user, and my login user.  Seems overcomplicated to me, but then again so does most things

Jim

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 3:39 PM

All replies

• Never mind.  We discovered that the certificate had to be in the stores under three different users:  the biztalk installation user, the service user, and my login user.  Seems overcomplicated to me, but then again so does most things

Jim

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 3:39 PM
  • Hi JimDawson ,

I am also facing same problem.

1> I have configured  the certificate on BizTalk group property.

2> I added the certificate into personal store of current user account having BTSAdmin privilige

3>I added the certificate to send host service accout's personal store.

still am getting the error:

A BTS MIME error was encountered when attempting to encode a message.  Error: The Signing Certificate has not been configured for AS2 party.  AS2-From: Contoso AS2-To: Fabrikam

Can you please tell me what else i have to do....

Regards

Srinivas

Friday, March 7, 2008 10:03 AM
  • If you are still dealing with this issue, please see a blog post I did on this issue - http://msinnovations.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!62E68922E47BC425!229.entry. There are some gaps in the documentation and some extra details which are important to know about. I struggled with this problem for a couple weeks and then finally determined how to resolve it.

Thanks,

Monday, July 14, 2008 9:07 PM