Bing Maps Key Security? RRS feed

• Question

• We're setting up an example and trying to limit it by referrer. We've created a key and put a referrer of domain.com and then tried to access it as subdomain.domain.com/bing.html using OpenLayers demo code and it works fine on an unsecured key.

However, with the secured key we still get "The requested referrer is denied access." and would like to know if there is a way to use a wildcard subdomain and how long this takes to take effect.

Thanks

Monday, November 11, 2019 1:26 PM

All replies

• Hello iGIS Team,

There are two blogs on this topic:

https://blogs.bing.com/maps/2018-05/Announcing-Enhanced-Security-for-Bing-Maps-API-Keys

https://blogs.bing.com/maps/2018-07/enhanced-security-update-for-bing-maps-api-keys

The second blog shows the usage for the Prefix and Suffix wildcards and both give an email address to contact should you have specific security related questions.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, November 11, 2019 4:31 PM
  • I want to securise my bing map key.

I want to know what to enter in the fields bellow(what IP they are talking about):

And the fields below:

Thanks

Thursday, February 27, 2020 7:43 PM
  • Hi KamKom96,

Please take a look at the two links provided above and follow up with any further questions.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, February 27, 2020 10:59 PM
  • HI,

Referrer: In the "Rule Name" field: Do I can enter any name I want ?

What about IP Range ?

The two link don't answer my questions.

• Edited by kamkom96 Friday, February 28, 2020 8:59 AM
    Friday, February 28, 2020 8:42 AM
  • Hi Kamkom,

Actually the first link does address your questions.

1. For an IP Range Rule, click to the IP range tab, then enter a rule name and your desired starting and ending IP address

2. For a referrer rule, specify a Rule name and Referrer, then hit the green ‘plus’ button to add it

Link 2 has a nice screen shot of some informative rule names that customer chose to identify what the rule enforced.  If you use Outlook, this is very similar to how email box rules are created but far simpler.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl 

Friday, February 28, 2020 4:33 PM