none
Is 20 disk partitions availiable in Windows Server 2008? RRS feed

• Question

• As I know, the disk partition mark is A - Z. So does that mean I can create 26 disk partitions in Windows Server 2008?

Does Windows Server 2008 support that?

The reason is that, my server has a limitation, that every partition should less than 2GB, and only one server is allowed. So if I want to deal with as many data as possible, I have to create as many partitions as possible.

Any reply is appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 2:36 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Yes, you can create 26 disk partitions in Windows Server 2008, provided you do not have a CD/DVD Drive or a Floppy Disk Drive on the system.

Additionally, if you are partitioning the disk into NTFS partitions, you can mount the partition onto a folder on one of the other partitions. This provides you with an option to create more partitions than just 26.

Hope this helps.

--
    Regards,
    Amar

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Yes, you can create 26 disk partitions in Windows Server 2008, provided you do not have a CD/DVD Drive or a Floppy Disk Drive on the system.

Additionally, if you are partitioning the disk into NTFS partitions, you can mount the partition onto a folder on one of the other partitions. This provides you with an option to create more partitions than just 26.

Hope this helps.

--
    Regards,
    Amar

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 3:04 PM
  • Thank you very muchSmile It really help.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:30 AM