none
Running winform application on Raspberry Pi3 with Windows 10 IOT core RRS feed

• Question

• I have a winform application running on Windows CE 6.0. I want to upgrade the OS to Windows 10 IOT core running on the raspberry pi 3 without doing much changes in the winform application. I have read that winforms are not supported on Win 10 IOT core. However winforms are supported on .NET core 3.0 and .NET core 3.0 supported on Win 10 IOT core. Does it mean that winform apps are supported on Win 10 IOT core?

Can anyone please help?
    Monday, December 2, 2019 10:03 PM

All replies

• Hi aariefe, 

Thank you for posting here.

.NET Core 3.0 is not fully supported winform, and many tasks are still underway.

You can refer to the following references for winform in .NET Core.

1. WinForms on .NET Core Roadmap
    2. Microsoft Preview of .NET Core WinForms Designer Is 'Huge Technical Challenge'

Besides, I suggest you use UWP(Universal Windows Applications) in Windows 10 IoT Core, because IoT Core is a UWP centric OS and UWP apps are its primary app type.

Hope it could be helpful.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 3:15 AM