none
Looking for advice regarding storage of data on Azure platform.

Question

• Hello-

I'm new to Azure and am in the process of writing my first web service on the Azure platform.  I am developing a service that manages and provides access to a simple list of objects.  The objects represent unique items that need to be 'distributed' to clients on a first come, first service basis.  The service will be accessed by multiple clients, perhaps simultaneously.  It is not clear to me if I should make use of the Azure table service or Azure SQL.  I'm not a database kind of guy, and since I will not be needing any of the relational features of SQL I thought perhaps SQL may be overkill.

My biggest concern is insuring that no two clients get the same object off the list.  In effect I want to place some sort of semaphore around the list insuring that only one client at a time can remove an object from the list.  I realize this is not vary scalable, but my application does not require massive scalability.  Due to the nature of the application, chances are quite rare that any two clients will be accessing the list at the same time, but it is possible.

Any advice anyone can share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:03 PM

Answers

All replies