none
Best way to implement the following functionality. RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know what is the best way to implement the following :

1) User should be able to upload bulk documents (CV), based on the folder where document is uploaded system should send the document to respective department

2) Department needs to perform some action on the document by saying accepted or not accepted. If accepted system should ask them time for interview.

3) system should update the status of document to "Pending Interview"

4) Assignments change after each status change and new requirements are asked from the user.

I was thinking to create a workflow which will assign tasks to users step wise and keep updating information in the document library, which will have all this information as meta data. The problem is how do I send all documents to departments as the user wants to bulk upload

Friday, March 17, 2017 6:58 PM

All replies

• I think you can use workflow to move the documents to department site/library - http://www.documentmanagementworkflowinfo.com/sample-sharepoint-workflows/sharepoint-designer-workflow-move-document-one-library-next.htm

You might also need to do some string parsing from the document url to find the department.

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Friday, March 17, 2017 8:36 PM

• I would like to know what is the best way to implement the following :

1) User should be able to upload bulk documents (CV), based on the folder where document is uploaded system should send the document to respective department

2) Department needs to perform some action on the document by saying accepted or not accepted. If accepted system should ask them time for interview.

3) system should update the status of document to "Pending Interview"

4) Assignments change after each status change and new requirements are asked from the user.

I was thinking to create a workflow which will assign tasks to users step wise and keep updating information in the document library, which will have all this information as meta data. The problem is how do I send all documents to departments as the user wants to bulk upload

Probably explore "document set" for bulk documents.

Sunday, March 19, 2017 6:08 AM
  • Hi

create a list where the user will fill the form, and where will attach a number of files

Next attach to this list the needed workflow with your required steps and stages

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Sunday, March 19, 2017 10:01 PM