Versioning simple aspx. files RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all
    (and thanks for your answers, we are now trying to solve our issus relying on them:)

I already discussed about that but still it is an unsolved problem. Eg. we create a new aspx file in our Document library. Then I check out, "Edit the content" with Rich text editor and check out. In Version History I now have two versions of that aspx file, but when I restore the older, nthing changes. Tried publishing, appoving etc:) Seem that it is not able to restore aspx files? Is it  really true?

S.
    Friday, December 5, 2008 6:40 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

I understand you that step 1: you create a page in document library, the page is checked out and then “Edit the content” and check in. step 2: you check out the page again. After these steps in the version history, you will see two versions. I think the first version was created in step1; the second version was created in step2.

For more information about version, please refer to:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointserver/HA100215761033.aspx

Let me know if I misunderstand you.

Xue-Mei Chang
    Monday, December 8, 2008 6:30 AM

All replies

• Not customization.

Moving to Admin.

It's also very confusing. Either post to an existing thread and then you can refer to it in your post OR start a new thread and don't refer to earlier threads in your post. This way of doing both just confuses no end.
    Friday, December 5, 2008 7:39 AM
  •  

Hi,

I understand you that step 1: you create a page in document library, the page is checked out and then “Edit the content” and check in. step 2: you check out the page again. After these steps in the version history, you will see two versions. I think the first version was created in step1; the second version was created in step2.

For more information about version, please refer to:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointserver/HA100215761033.aspx

Let me know if I misunderstand you.

Xue-Mei Chang
    Monday, December 8, 2008 6:30 AM