Powerview Reports in Sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to power-view reports, We have power view reports installed , I need to edit the datasource of the report.

SharePoint allows me to edit the report when I click on it, but I do not see icons like excel, create powerview report.

We have analysis services installed that have power pivots.  we have SSRS services in sharepoint mode.

I am a very much beginner , need all help I can get

Thank you

• Edited by Burfuri Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:55 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 12:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Burfuri,

Before you can use Power View report in SharePoint site, there are few configurations you need to configure.

1. Install SQL server Power Pivot for SharePoint
    2. Configure Power Pivot for SharePoint
    3. Install SQL Server reporting service in SharePoint Integrated mode
    4. Install Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP1 Reporting Services Add-in for Microsoft SharePoint

Here is a document which show you detailed steps to install and configure Power View for SharePoint 2013 & SQL server 2012 SP1 enterprise editions. Please refer to the link below.
    http://vamsi-sharepointhandbook.blogspot.sg/2015/02/install-configure-power-view-for.html

Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Burfuri,

Before you can use Power View report in SharePoint site, there are few configurations you need to configure.

1. Install SQL server Power Pivot for SharePoint
    2. Configure Power Pivot for SharePoint
    3. Install SQL Server reporting service in SharePoint Integrated mode
    4. Install Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP1 Reporting Services Add-in for Microsoft SharePoint

Here is a document which show you detailed steps to install and configure Power View for SharePoint 2013 & SQL server 2012 SP1 enterprise editions. Please refer to the link below.
    http://vamsi-sharepointhandbook.blogspot.sg/2015/02/install-configure-power-view-for.html

Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 2:38 AM
  • Looked at the configuration we have here: WE do have SQL Server Power Pivot for SharePoint and it is configured also we have SQL server reporting services in SharePoint integrated mode. also we have sql server 2008 R2 and have share point 2010.

Monday, February 6, 2017 4:10 PM