Mobile web forms and objectdatasource problem RRS feed

• Question

• User-1271045668 posted
    Hi,
    i'm developing an ASP.NET 2.0 app which shares business objects with a WinForms app (i'm using  objectdatasources (ODS) to retrive/update data).
    The same web app will be used from Mobile Devices so i need to build some mobile web pages with a different layout, less objects and so on.

I've tried to use ODS within mobile webforms with no results, maybe i'm doing something wrong.
    Already searched into this forum, google and other websites but I haven't found any useful advice/example.

Of course i need to use ODS, otherwise i'll need to rewrite all the  business object logic to save/load data.
    Can ODS be used within mobile web-forms? If yes where can i find some examples?

If i add non-mobile controls to mobile web forms i get the following message, maybe it's related to my question: "Non-mobile controls are permitted only inside templates..."

Any help aill be highly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Damiano Poletto
    Monday, September 18, 2006 9:01 AM

All replies

• User2106303465 posted

Hi,

I am trying to do the exact same thing - reuse an object data source within a mobile form. I get the same error, "non-mobile controls are permitted only inside templates". Have you found a way do this yet?

Thanks,

Vijay

Wednesday, October 3, 2007 9:48 AM