none
project server 2010: how to insert assignments using assignment datasets in case we get GeneralOnlyUpdatesAllowed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an assignment dataset and I am trying to add an assignmentRow to this dataset. I am first creating the assignmentRow and then setting most of its attributes such as the projectUid, resourceUid, taskUid, assignmentUid, etc... After that, I am using the Assignment.AddAssignmentRow(assignmentRow) method to add this assignment to the dataset. Finally, I use the checkout, QueueUpdateProject, and checkin to apply the modifications. I get a GeneralOnlyUpdatesAllowed error on the QueueUpdateProject method. This errors means that I am not allowed to insert rows but just modify rows. What should I do to be able to insert rows? Is it a programming thing or something that has to do with permissions? How can I fix this error.

Thanks,
    George

Monday, February 7, 2011 3:56 PM

Answers

• Hi geo_d,

can you try to create an empty dataset with a single new assingment and use QueueAddToProject webmethod?

Basically because that the webmethod QueueUpdateMethod can update only what's already present in DB and not insert new record.

I hope this can help you,

Best Regards

Paolo O.

• Marked as answer by geo_d Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:36 AM
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 12:28 PM

All replies

• Hi geo_d,

can you try to create an empty dataset with a single new assingment and use QueueAddToProject webmethod?

Basically because that the webmethod QueueUpdateMethod can update only what's already present in DB and not insert new record.

I hope this can help you,

Best Regards

Paolo O.

• Marked as answer by geo_d Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:36 AM
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 12:28 PM
  • Thanks Paolo, I did what you said and it worked.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:36 AM