Get specific field changed in a Sharepoint list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know exactly which field were changed when the change active a workflow.

The list have data about process, and the process have a manager. I would like to send an email to new manager, but only when the field that changed were manager.

Somebody could help me?

Thank you.

Att. Thiago Melo
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We need to compare the manager before and after change, so that we need create another column to back up the manager when an item is created. Then in another workflow and set it start when item is changed, we can set the Conditions if manager is not equal to the back-up column, set send an email to the new manager in Actions, and then choose Update List Items to back-up the new manager to make convenient for the change next time.

If anything unclear, please feel free to ask.

Thanks.

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Roland White Sunday, January 8, 2012 11:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Thiago Chaves Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:52 PM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 5:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We need to compare the manager before and after change, so that we need create another column to back up the manager when an item is created. Then in another workflow and set it start when item is changed, we can set the Conditions if manager is not equal to the back-up column, set send an email to the new manager in Actions, and then choose Update List Items to back-up the new manager to make convenient for the change next time.

If anything unclear, please feel free to ask.

Thanks.

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Roland White Sunday, January 8, 2012 11:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Thiago Chaves Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:52 PM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 5:30 AM
  • Hi,

It works!!

Thank you very much!

Att. Thiago Melo
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:52 PM