none
How to accomplish filter functionality in SP 2016

All replies

• Hi,

You can use HTML Form Web part instead of text filter web part

http://jesper-simonsen.blogspot.com/2013/11/searchlike-filtering-of-lists.html

For those of you that does not have the Text filter web part available, here is a work around using only one HTML Form Web Part. 

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Friday, January 11, 2019 6:30 PM
  • Hello, thank you for the response. The issue with this approach is that the design view is no longer available in SharePoint designer for me to add the dataview parameter (Steps 4 and 5 in the article). Is there another way I can add the parameter in SPD 2013?

thanks,

Sherazad

Friday, January 11, 2019 7:25 PM
  • Hello,

Please ignore the question above. I have figured out how to do it. Meddling with the datasoure details gave me the option to add the parameter.

Thank you for your assistance.

regards,

Sherazad.

Sherazad

Friday, January 11, 2019 8:25 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

You can mark your solution as answer to help other community members find the helpful information quickly.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, January 14, 2019 1:48 AM
  • Why not using the OOTB search Box and Search Result?

Abenet

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 4:52 AM
  • Good question. The objective of the project I am doing is to make the interface as user friendly and as clean as possible. Which means there are task buttons like "Search for an agent" etc.

I don't believe there is a way to isolate the list from the search unless I use JavaScript to show/hide the list until the user enters a search criteria. Which it seems is a likely road I will be pursuing for this piece of functionality as the former solution is a bit flaky.

regards,

Sherazad.

Sherazad

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 3:05 PM