TFS 2015 Disappearing Alerts RRS feed

• Question

• I created an alert a few days ago to send emails to a list of email addresses.  For most other teams I created a build failure alert based on the team, but this was a team of contractors who needed to use outside email addresses, so I listed out around 11 email addresses for the alert to send to.  Since creation the alert has disappeared.  It still works.  Email alerts are sent to everyone of those email addresses on build failure.  However, I need to edit it.

I can't edit the alert because it doesn't appear in my list of alerts.  It was created with the subscriber as myself.  I should have the ability to edit the alert.  I even checked the tbl_EventSubscription.  There aren't any alerts set up to email multiple users.  It also only contains 10 build failure alerts.  There should be 11.  The one I need to edit is this missing one.

Can anyone give me some direction? Using tfs 2015 if that matters.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 10:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting here.

Do you mean that you create a personal Build Alert (Under My Alerts) and with the setting send to multiple email addresses?

It shouldn’t work If you cannot find the subscription in tbl_EventSubscription, please check if anybody else subscribed the alert or the contractors you mentioned subscribed the alert individually by themselves.

In addition, you can also check the tbl_EventNotification table, as you said ‘It still works’, then you can find the Alert ID (subscription ID) from the failed notification.

1. Queue a new failed build to test alert
    2. Find the Alert ID (subscription ID) for the new notification
    3. Check if the Alert ID (subscription ID)  exist in tbl_EventSubscription
    4. If yes, the alert is subscribed by others but not you, that means the alert you subscribed is deleted sometime.

Best regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 9:13 AM