none
Using inbound EDI 997 information in Tracking Profile RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I created a tracking profile for tracking EDI purchase orders that are sent to our suppliers.  I want to include a field when the EDI 997 functional acknowledgement is processed.  Is there a sample somewhere to do something like this?

Thanks,

Mike 

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 11:58 PM

Answers

• If you are using ST02 values that correlate with your PO's back at the database, you could throw together a simple map that would use the 997 as a source schema and a FOR XML stored procedure as a destination schema.  You would consume incoming 997s and use the SQL Adapter in a send port to update your database.  Using the ST02 value as a key, you could also set an accept/reject flag, and even store validation errors reported in the 997.

Friday, June 13, 2008 5:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

I saw this article, I think it might help you out - let me know if it does not:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa559294.aspx

Thanks,

Ed

Friday, May 23, 2008 9:56 PM
  • Hi,

That documentaion is for the Base EDI adapter which has been depreciated in R2.  I'm looking for something using the R2 EDI process.

Thanks,

Mike

Friday, May 23, 2008 10:22 PM
  • If you are using ST02 values that correlate with your PO's back at the database, you could throw together a simple map that would use the 997 as a source schema and a FOR XML stored procedure as a destination schema.  You would consume incoming 997s and use the SQL Adapter in a send port to update your database.  Using the ST02 value as a key, you could also set an accept/reject flag, and even store validation errors reported in the 997.

Friday, June 13, 2008 5:38 AM
  • Hi,

I've hacked a solution for what I need to do using the EDI997 values and SQL. 

Too bad EDI 997 Ack correlation doesn't work out of the box. 

Thanks,

Mike

Friday, June 13, 2008 9:11 PM