3D game using StarterKit

Question

• Hi,

I'm developing C# store app with Game UI. Game UI is composed of StarterKit library of DirectX11 in C++/CX project.

I'm trying to load a .cmo file in Game UI in this C#, C++ app but it doesn't work.

I can load the same .cmo file in C++ exe app of starter kit but same .cmo file isn't showing any output in C#, C++ app.

Can I use starter kit in C++/CX component project? 
    What should I check for when a .cmo mesh content isn't displayed on C# app UI? 

Thanks

Monday, April 14, 2014 7:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Dhruvesh,

Not know what the StarterKit library is, but seems you are trying to create a Game UI in C++/CX as a Runtime Conpoment, and then use it in C# app. I'm not sure if it is possible because i dont know how you create the game ui, simply rewrite some controls or you totoally design it in your C++ conpoment project.

However take a look at the documentation might helps: Creating Windows Runtime Components in C++

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 8:19 AM
  • Hi James,

I'm trying to maintain DirectX's device, context and rendering related code in C++/CX project. my C# project shall provide SwapChainBackgroundPanel UI control's instance to StarterKit code in C++/CX project.

Using this approach I can use WCF and other .Net technologies from the C# project.

I've got code in a working state where I can load .cmo file in C++/CX project but the meshes of the .cmo file aren't rendered (not displayed) on the SwapChainBackgroundPanel control.

I need help with debugging the StarterKit code or some more info regarding mesh rendering problem.

Thanks.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 12:40 PM