none
Allow script in Public Folders crashes Outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• We have custom forms built out of public folders.  These function fine while running from Outlook 2010/13 running on Windows 7 however running from Win 10 the following event is logged and Outlook crashes.

Add-in execution error. Outlook crashed during the 'Open' callback of the 'ItemEvents_10' interface while calling into the 'ItemUIHost::HrEnsureScriptObject' add-in. 

Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Nathan.Reasoner,

According to your description, if you remove custom forms, does Outlook crash?

In addition you could refer to How to troubleshoot crashes in Outlook 2010 and later versions

Thanks for your understanding.
    Friday, October 7, 2016 6:18 AM
  • Hello Nathan,

Are you able to reproduce the issue without any custom code in Outlook event handlers?

Are scripts in shared and public folders allowed?

To access the Allow script in shared folders option and the Allow script in public folders option in Outlook, follow these steps:

1. On the File menu, click Options.
    2. In the Navigation Pane, click Trust Center, and then click the Trust Center Settings button.

Notice that the Allow script in shared folders option and the Allow script in Public Folders option are located under Script in Folders. 

See Known issues in Outlook 2010 when you develop custom solutions for more information.

[custom.development]

Friday, October 7, 2016 10:53 AM
  • Hello David,

Outlook only crashes when I open a custom form with "Allow Script in Public Folders" checked.  If I uncheck "Allow scripts..", Outlook and even the forms open fine, but the scripts which are used to enable some functionality on the forms are none responsive.

-Nathan

Monday, October 10, 2016 10:38 PM
  • Hello Eugene,

I'm not sure what you mean by "without any custom code in Outlook event handlers". The custom forms and scripts work fine on machines other than Windows 10 so I'm wondering if Outlook functionality is handled different in Win10.

-Nathan

Monday, October 10, 2016 10:42 PM
  • Hi Nathan,

Just try to leave event handlers empty - without your code. Are you able to reproduce the issue in that case?

And I don't think Windows 10 may cause the issue you faced with.

[custom.development]

Monday, October 10, 2016 11:13 PM