Data entry site for MS Access database RRS feed

• Question

• User-1147294540 posted

I am trying to make a web based data entry site for and MS Access database.  I’ve been able to get it to view and navigate to several tables.  As well as add and edit the tables separately.  However when I link them and try to add or edit, it fails.  The way I’m trying it is with simple access data objects, with where statements, and queries.  When I add a query though, it fails.  If I add “edit” and “add” commands to a linked table it also fails.  This is my first time trying this in ASP.  I am using visual web developer 2010, and my tables are as follows:

Customers

• MTID
    • Last
    • Middle
    • First
    • Street
    • City
    • State
    • Zip
    • Phone

Program Fees

• PFID
    • Assessed Amount
    • Payment Agreement

Payments

• PID
    • Payment Date
    • Payment Amount

What I’m trying to do exactly is look up customer by last name.  (This works OK)

If customer doesn’t exist add him.  (I haven’t been able to get this to work yet)

On selecting a customer from returned list, open all program fees for that customer.  (This works OK)

If no program fees exist add it.  (I haven’t been able to get this to work yet)

On selecting a program fee from returned list, add payment.  (I haven’t been able to get this to work yet)  (I will also need a link to view payment history)

This is easy for me in Access, but I’m having the worst luck with doing it in ASP.  I have a feeling I may be approaching this all wrong.  If anyone can help me, I will be eternally grateful.  I have a feeling I may be approaching this all wrong.

Sunday, December 5, 2010 3:00 AM

Answers

All replies