C1075 compilation error of unmatched braces in .tlh file for window store app when using "#import msxml3.dll"

Question

• Hello, 

I have an app which when on compiling for windows store app, I am getting C1075 compilation error.  

This app has "#import msxml3.dll"

1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 11.0\vc\include\comdef.h(70): fatal error C1075: end of file found before the left brace '{' at 'e:\comp1\build\mylib\vc10\debug\msxml3.tlh(13)' was matched

I looked at the msxml3.tlh file but could not see the unmatched brace

I do not get this error on compiling this without WINAPI_PARTITION_APP preprocessor directive.

Any suggestion to be tried out to zero upon the issue ?

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 12:49 PM

Answers

• Hi AAryanman,

I think you should review your macro “WINAPI_PARTITION_APP ”, if you really have missed some brace or some double quotes, and maybe it is a #define conflicts which you also need to be aware.

If the problem is still exist after the checking, you may post the code to here.

Good luck then.

James He
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi AAryanman,

I think you should review your macro “WINAPI_PARTITION_APP ”, if you really have missed some brace or some double quotes, and maybe it is a #define conflicts which you also need to be aware.

If the problem is still exist after the checking, you may post the code to here.

Good luck then.

James He
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:24 AM
  • A strange problem with Visual Studio (error C1075 and C2601)

Using Visual Studio 2013 C++, I got compilation errors that I couldn't explain.   The compilation errors were:   *main.cpp(325): error C2601: 'FLAG' : local function definitions are illegal   main.cpp(323): this line contains a '{' which has not yet been matched   main.cpp(326): fatal error C1075: end of file found before the left brace '{' at 'main.cpp(323)' was matched*   But there was nothing wrong with my code. I counted all brackets and the number matched. There weren't any function inside another function.    I solved it by removing all "//" comments from the source code. It seems that the reason for that is bad line formatting which causes the compiler to miss a line break, so the line after a comment is treated as a comment as well.   For example:

// This is a comment This_is_a_line; 

is treated as:  

// This is a comment This_is_a_line; 

There are many posts of the net about similar problems and some even suggested that they could be caused by a memory (RAM) fault on the machine, so before you replace your RAM, just remove the comments and see...

- Michael Haephrati מיכאל האפרתי

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:44 PM