none
Company app distribution solutions

Question

• Hello. We have developed a windows store app and we would like to have a way to distribute it (and manage updates) to a certain number of company machines (some use Windows 10, other Windows 8.1). What is the best way to go about it?

First I tried using a Windows Intune trial but encountered a problem. I cannot register a device that runs on 8.1. I arrive at the step where I must connect the machine to a workplace (via PC Settings - Network - Workplace - Join) but I get the error  "Confirm you are using the correct sign-in info, and that your workplace uses this feature. Also, the connection to your workplace might not be working right now. Please wait and try again." I am trying to connect by using the trial account I created when I started the Intune trial (ex: xxxx@xxxx.onmicrosoft.com). Also, I do not see an option in Intune that lets me update existing apps on a device. Have I missed a step?

Now it seems my only other option is to try using System Center Configuration Manager which requires that I install it on a Windows Server that has an Microsoft SQL Server instance running. This seems too long for what we would like to do.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 4:21 PM

All replies

• Hello Nikolay,

At this time, the best option would likely be the use of promotional codes with Windows 10. More information can be found here. I hope this helps to guide you in the right direction, but if you would like further clarification, please create a request with us here through your developer account so we may assist you appropriately. Thank you!
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:48 PM