none
[MS-OXCROPS] ROP 0x87 and 0x8A RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Earlier versions of the specifications (e.g. MS-OXCROPS v1.0 page 24) included ROPs 0x87 (RopOpenPublicFolderByName) and 0x8A (RopDeletePublicFolderByName).

They do not appear in MS-OXCROPS v1.05 (I admit I didn't check which version they were removed in).

Questions:
    1. Is there some problem with these operations?
    2. Are they supported by any version of Exchange?
    3. Are they called by any version of Outlook?
    4. If they are deprecated, what is the recommended alternative to using these ROPs?

Brad
    Monday, April 6, 2009 1:00 AM

Answers

• G'day Tom,

Thanks for the quick response. However that really only answers Question 3 (and perhaps part of Question 1). Questions 2 and 4 are still open.

Can you tell me if they are supported on Exchange, and if so, on which versions?

Brad

• Marked as answer by Brad Hards Tuesday, April 7, 2009 5:13 AM
    Monday, April 6, 2009 9:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Brad,

I'm not sure why the got removed so I will ask development.

Developer Consultant
    Monday, April 6, 2009 4:23 AM
  • G'day Tom,

Thanks for looking into this one for me.

Brad

Monday, April 6, 2009 5:14 AM
  • Hi Brad,

Both ROPs RopOpenPublicFolderByName and RopDeletePublicFolderByName were removed from the protocol documentation because they were never used by Outlook to communicate with Exchange. 

Developer Consultant
    Monday, April 6, 2009 4:58 PM
  • G'day Tom,

Thanks for the quick response. However that really only answers Question 3 (and perhaps part of Question 1). Questions 2 and 4 are still open.

Can you tell me if they are supported on Exchange, and if so, on which versions?

Brad

• Marked as answer by Brad Hards Tuesday, April 7, 2009 5:13 AM
    Monday, April 6, 2009 9:41 PM
  • Brad,

In talking to development the these ROPs were part of a component of Outlook that was never implemented and shipped.  There is no equivalent functionality outside of constructing the ROPs on the client to achieve similar behavior. 

Note that the published protocol documents and support fall under the Interoperability Principles.  The Interoperability Principles covers the latest shipping version of high volume products. I can only provide support for the protocol between the client Outlook 2007 and the server Exchange 2007.

Developer Consultant
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 4:52 AM
  • Tom,

This response is fair enough.

Brad
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 5:13 AM