ApplicationBlocks referencing issue RRS feed

• Question

• User1205241656 posted

Hello,

I've developed several projects using UIProcess application block without any issues. This time, I created a web application as usual using the ApplicationBlock; it was working fine until I merged it into another solution. I've created all the references an everything is fine and I can build my website without any difficulties. But when I actually brows the website, I get this error:

The type or namespace name 'ApplicationBlocks' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I know I'm not missing any reference, I'm using VisualStudio 2005 and the IntelliSense shows everything. The problem is, a part of the main application uses a Microsoft component (Microsoft.Office.Something) and I think the namespaces conflict.

I found a KB addressing this issue but it works when your own namespace conflicts with someone elses (like My.System and System) but what about Microsoft namespaces?

I think one way to fix this is to use strong naming; I have to deploy the assembly as a private assembly, I'm not sure how it works in my case.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,

Nima

Friday, December 8, 2006 2:57 PM

Answers

• User1205241656 posted

Oh, OK! I found it myself!!! The solution was totally irrelevant to the nature of the issue I could say; but anyway I'm wirting it here.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I had two copies of the project, one was under my wwwroot folder and the other one was on a different folder but defined as a virtual directory under the same name. The second one had some missing references while I was trying to fix the issue on the first.<o:p></o:p>

This wasn’t really a programming issue, but rather an HR issue so I'd like to suggest the following as the preventive measure:<o:p></o:p>

·         Do not work on problem solving tasks for more than 2 consecutive hours; always take a break for a few minutes and please, talk to some people around you and make it a “real” break. If you are a manager encourage that.<o:p></o:p>

·         Always work on sophisticated issues in pairs. The time and energy you save worth the “cost” of the additional resource.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 11, 2006 9:32 AM