MVVM Toolkit Template not appearing in Visual Studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• i have installed the template from the MVVM Toolkit but in Visual Studio 2010, I don't see a template. how can i get fix this?
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Jiew Meng,

Based on my research, I think this Toolkit is targetting VS2008. It doesn't support VS2010. I am not absolutely sure about this. You could ask this question at the exact page you have linked for offical answers.

Best regards,

Min

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Min Zhu Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:07 AM
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Jiew Meng,

Based on my research, I think this Toolkit is targetting VS2008. It doesn't support VS2010. I am not absolutely sure about this. You could ask this question at the exact page you have linked for offical answers.

Best regards,

Min

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Min Zhu Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:07 AM
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:23 AM
  • With vs2010 you need to extract the zip file manually.

http://www.galasoft.ch/mvvm/installing/manually/

I was rather disappointed once I figured it out, you don't get much in the toolkit.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:44 AM
  • hi, that is for MVVM Light toolkit or the Microsoft 1. anyway, what isit u are disappointed about? isit not a good framework? maybe i shldn't be wasting my time on that?
    Friday, September 24, 2010 1:47 AM
  • There's very little in it.

Friday, September 24, 2010 8:15 AM
  • Hi Andy, 

I am having the same problem.  I installed the MVVM Templates (They are readable zip files) to the

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\CSharp\Silverlight\1033 directory with all of the other templates for my 64 bit Visual Studio running windows 7

Changed the read only bit on the zip files and even unpacked them, which the other files are not unzipped.

I just can't get Visual STudio to see them when I create a new project.  Yes, I have rebooted?   Any ideas.

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by ScottCher Friday, April 8, 2011 10:18 PM
    Monday, January 10, 2011 11:48 PM
  • Ok,  I needed to run devenv /installvstemplates in Admin mode.  Now they show up.  It takes a minute.
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 12:13 AM
  • And roughly 10 minutes of looking for something really worthwhile before....

I would imagine most devs realise it probably wasn't worth their effort.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 1:36 PM