none
Executing sql backup file through C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi friends,

I need to restore a database as backup file in SQLExpress automatically through C#. I mean, when user requests my program for the first time, I will show him/her an aspx to have an ability to restore backup file that is provided with project. For instance, (s)he will see all dbs in server with a dropdownlist and choose one of them to restore backed up file. What should I use libraries to implement this functionality or is there any sample source code?

Thanks

Saturday, May 17, 2008 11:05 AM

All replies

•  gavroche wrote:

Hi friends,

I need to restore a database as backup file in SQLExpress automatically through C#. I mean, when user requests my program for the first time, I will show him/her an aspx to have an ability to restore backup file that is provided with project. For instance, (s)he will see all dbs in server with a dropdownlist and choose one of them to restore backed up file. What should I use libraries to implement this functionality or is there any sample source code?

Thanks

You write a stored procedure in Sql Server which will be just 3 lines of code or a bit more, look up RESTORE database command and call this SP from C# as follows:

using (SqlConnection conn_accAccounting = new SqlConnection ( Globals.connStrAnalytical ))

{

SqlCommand cmdm = new SqlCommand ( );

conn_accAccounting.Open ( );

cmdm.Connection = conn_accAccounting;

cmdm.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;

cmdm.CommandText = "backUpAnalytical";

cmdm.Parameters.Clear ( );

try

{

cmdm.ExecuteNonQuery ( );

}

catch

{

TSP.textToSpeech ( "Backup Device is disconnected" );

return;

}

}

This is actually for a Backup operation. Yours will be practically the same.

Saturday, May 17, 2008 12:48 PM