none
Uninstall assemblies from GAC, .Net Framework 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm not sure that is the right group for posting this question. Problem is with uninstalling assemblies that are deployed on .Net 4.0 from GAC. Tried with basic gacutil -u and gacutil -uf commands from CMD VS 2010 tools and got a message "Unknown option: Version=0.94.0.0,", after that brute force technique is selected and I try with removing GAC folder for current assemblies from path C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL and access is denied. So, the problem is that this or these assemblies are locked with something and I don't know where the problem is. Only to emphasize that these assemblies are not linked to any installation that can lock it in GAC. I already try with searching in registry to find possible constraints for following assemblies, but current assemblies are not found.

Now I have assemblies in GAC (to mention, those assemblies are installed with gacutil -i command from CMD 2010) that I can't remove.

Anybody have some hint for this problem ?

Regards,
    Rastko
    Monday, January 25, 2010 9:48 AM

Answers

• I found one solution, using of the DEL command from CMD 2010 and this one enables me to delete assembly. Assembly folder couldn't be deleted with RD command, because "it is used from another process", but I don't know from which one, all of the processes that have some relationship with this assembly are closed.

But this one is temporary good solution for me.

Regards,
    Rastko
    • Marked as answer by cucciolo Monday, January 25, 2010 2:50 PM
    Monday, January 25, 2010 2:49 PM