none
What do these registry entries mean for an outlook add-in. RRS feed

• Question

• I have some add-ins installed for Outlook. And there are entries in the path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Addins\UCAddin.LyncAddin.1

Where UCAddin.LyncAddin.1 on the left side of the image is an entry for my Lync addin.

What do these registry entries mean for the add-in. How does it affect the working of the add-in?

• Edited by Kiran Kumnoor Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:21 AM Formatting
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:51 AM
  • Hi Kiran,

>> Where UCAddin.LyncAddin.1 on the left side of the image is an entry for my Lync addin.

I am not sure what you mean with this, I assume this is an Outlook add in instead of Lync add in.

For outlook add in registry entries, you could refer the link below:

# Registry Entries for VSTO Add-ins
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb386106.aspx

If you want to know information about lync, you could refer the link from Eugene.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 1:30 AM
  • Of course, its an Outlook add-in, just that its name is UCAddin.Lync. So I wanted to know how these entries affect?

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 3:31 AM
  • Hi Kiran,

You could refer my above link for what these entries affect. For example, LoadBehavior specifies when the application attempts to load the VSTO Add-in and the current state of the VSTO Add-in (loaded or unloaded).

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 7:47 AM