none
SMB2 Server sends a RST, ACK to client in between the session. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

While connecting to Windows server 2k8R2 with SMB2, I am getting this strange behavior.

The server is sending me [RST, ACK] back to client in between the session, while I use heavy file transfer commands ex:- dd, and simultaneously accessing files in between for remote directory in WIN 2k8R2

Monday, July 25, 2016 9:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Sammer:

I have alerted the open specifications team regarding your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Monday, July 25, 2016 4:45 PM
    Owner
  • Hello Sameer, the purpose of this forum is to support the Open Specifications documentation. Please confirm if you are actually implementing Microsoft Open specifications and state which of the file sharing open specification documents you are working on for assistance on this issue.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications
    Monday, July 25, 2016 6:25 PM
  • Hello S Nadendla,

I am implementing SMB2.002 Protocol on non-windows System. I am using my client to connect to WIN2K8R2 AD, but in between if I do multiple operations like I said before is sending me [RST,ACK] .  If I go for new re-connection after RST, i.e Negotiate Request, after recieving Negotiate Response, it is send me [RST, ACK].

Thanks,

Sameer.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:32 AM
  • Hello Sameer, thank you for confirming. If you can contact me by sending email to dochelp at microsoft dot com, we can collect additional details and relevant Network/SMB traces from your server to troubleshoot this issue.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 1:52 PM
  • From the network trace we have seen client was sending SMB commands without establishing session and also trying to Negotiate with a non zero session in the SMB header. These are protocol violations that cause TCP Reset.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open Specifications

Monday, August 29, 2016 6:16 PM