none
SharePoint 2013 Development Environment on Azure VM RRS feed

• Question

• According to the instructions I've seen, I should be able to create a VS 2013 Azure VM which has the necessary scripts to configure SharePoint 2013 on the same machine which is running Server 2012 OS. Basically, this would provide me with a SharePoint 2013 dev environment.

1. I do get the machine created and when I remote in to it I do see a "Configure Developer Desktop" folder that contains a "Scripts" folder which contains 3 scripts:

A. ConfigureSharePointFarm

B. ConfigureSharePointFarmInDomain

C. ConfigureSQLServer

Which of these scripts do I run?

A. Do I run them in PowerShell or the SharePoint Management Shell?

2. I want a single stand alone dev machine but -

A. the SharePoint Config Wizard  will not let me create a new farm saying that this option requires a domain account  instead of the local admin account I created when spinning up the machine.

B. I cannot join an existing farm because the SQL Server does not contain a config database

It looks like the instructions I'm following are either out of date or incomplete, can anyone point me to a set of instructions for creating a SharePoint 2013 dev box on an Azure VM? 

Thanks,

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 7:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you follow this documentation to setup a SharePoint 2013 Development environment in Azure:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ee554869.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

In the Configure Developer Desktop shortcut, there should be two scripts. If you want to provision a standalone configuration of SharePoint, then please execute the “CreateSharePointDeveloperMachine.ps1” in Windows PowerShell.

More information about how to execute this script:

http://visualstudio2013galleryimage.azurewebsites.net/#_Toc369786640

Thanks,               

Patrick Liang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 22, 2015 3:34 AM
  • I tried that, but thanks anyhow.

I ended up having the network guys just give me a VM on our network and I was able to create a SharePoint 2013 dev environment without any problems. I don't know why it's so difficult in Azure, you'd think that Microsoft would make that a push button operation.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 3:14 AM