How can I replace the folder icons in a Picture Library with a thumbnail of a photo in a folder? RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if anyone would know how I can create a Picture Library and then create multiple folders to contain and organize my images, but with a slight twist.

I don't want to see a library full of folder icons that represent a collection of photos within my library. If I have a folder called "New York" I want to see a thumbnail of the Statue of Liberty with the name "New York" under the Thumbnail. If I have a folder called "Texas" I want to see a thumbnail of The Alamo with the name "Texas" under the thumbnail. If I have a folder called "Redmond" I want to see a thumbnail of Microsoft's offices with "Redmond" as the name below the thumbnail.

Ideally, I would like to have the option of either selecting a default image for the thumbnail or the ability to click a check box that picks a random image (or even the first image it finds in that folder) to display as the thumbnail.

Bottom line, I don't want to see a Picture Library of multiple folders with the default folder icon. Is there any way I can at least have a photo from the folder display as the thumbnail in my picture library instead of the default folder icon?

Steve
    Tuesday, May 29, 2007 4:44 PM

Answers

• There does not appear to be a way to do this out of the box.
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:13 PM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:28 AM