none
Integrate Notebooks.azure.com to the Azure ML service workspace RRS feed

All replies

• Hello Marko,

Currently notebook VMs allow users to integrate their ML workspace. Notebook VM can be created from azure portal from your azure machine learning workspace resource. This VM is secure and easy to use with pre-configured machine learning tools and it can be customized to your specifications i.e size of the VMs based on memory and disk sizes. 

Please take a look at this blog for more information about its usage and how it can help you integrate your workspace with notebooks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. 

Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:01 AM
  • Yes, except Notebook VM require VM (read "cost") where Notebooks.azure.com has Free Compute available which I have been using for my minimal needs where separate VM would be overkill.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:25 AM
  • Notebook VM fails in many ways, I just tried one out.

It is like on-prem world in the cloud, duh. Yes, You have Jupyter Notebook there, but You cannot download GitHub project in easy way as in Azure Notebooks. Better yet would be to use the GitHub as the repo all the way, not downloading to anywhere as it seems to be impossible to upload to GitHub from Azure Notebooks.

If You could get the IP out of Notebook VM then You could use it as compute in Azure Notebooks, but at the moment You cannot. So, having separate Data Science VM would do the same trick and some more.

At current setup I would vote against the Notebook VM, prefer Azure Notebooks and would love to see deeper integration with GitHub.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 3:45 PM